Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Spring forward and fall back -

Twice a year it is necessary to reset the car clock
i can never remember how
     and of course the car manual is never where it should be -


One way to accomplish this is to call Al and have him do this job -
         after all it is about the car
            and in our family that is his job
                         even if it is my car.

But, today, I am going to reset the clock.
   the car is on and I am sitting in the driveway -
           already frustrated - 
              I haven't even started yet 

 do I hold the radio channel selector in 
                  while I turn the bass dial or
 do I hold in the bass and turn the station selector 
          - no-no
it must be the knob that puts the sound in the front/back
         -the  balance - that's it -
                   - hold the balance and turn the bass - no no
- hold the balance and turn the channel selector 
                   - ok ok - that works -
    that changes the minutes 
                 - ok good 
     - but not good enough - 


I need to change the hours
   so lets try holding the other button -
         not the bass - the, the ...
            the other one - the tempo -
     i don't even know what the heck it's called -
            hold in the tempo and turn the channel selector
             - no no - that doesn't work -

how about the other knob - 
      hold in the power and turn the selector - no no - 

 oh phooey  ----  "Al how do I reset the clock?" 
                   OR 
   should i just remember
         that this clock is one hour early or one hour late and never on time?

No comments:

Post a Comment