Friday, June 3, 2011

A Noisy Song of Satisfaction

today i sit listening to the cicadas song
buzzing like ocean waves 
   cascading over background music and conversations in my home


it is surreal - this small very noisy insect
      demanding the attention of all creation 
            during its brief moment of life


i wonder about life cycles
the cicada has 13 years - 156 months or 676 weeks of gestation 
                    for 5 weeks of life 
                             and 
the human has 3/4 of a year - 9 months or 36 weeks of gestation 
             with maybe 80 years - 960 months or 4160 weeks of life 


is there a relationship or simply a metaphor


as i reflect of my life - 
what have i been willing to wait 13 years to attain
            and when I achieve my goal 
                     am I so noisy with my song of self-satisfaction
                        that others are annoyed
                             & my presence is not welcome.


welcome cicadas 
            - you have waited a long time to sing your song of life

No comments:

Post a Comment